Saturday, February 25, 2017

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon Book Review



Goodreads Summary:

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.


Review:

I literally devoured this book. I stopped reading on page 22, because I have to go to sleep. When I woke up this morning, I immediately started to pick this book up again and read. I can very much say I like this book very much.

The story is really unique. I also liked the plot, which was very unpredictable. I still can't believe with everything that happened to the main character, Madeline. This book is really fast-paced in my opinion, and with that being said, I think this book lacks of resolution and problem solving. With everything that happened--the big thing that happened--I was hoping that there will be more to tell, so that I can understand why everything happened the way it did. I was hoping that the ending would tell me more about what happens to Madeline. So basically, I wasn't satisfied with the ending.

Relationship wise, it was very cute. I liked Olly instantly, but this was also very rushed. I feel like I didn't learn much about him. Sure, I like him, but I feel like there is nothing that can make me fall in love with the character. Usually with type of books like this, I want to be able to fall in love with the love interest of the main character, but I don't get that on this book. Though the romance of this book is heartwarming, and I still like it, despite everything. But I'm sure I don't love it.

I also love the illustrations on this book, makes it really cool to read. Nicola Yoon's writing is very enjoyable and I love her writing style as well. I will be sure to get another book of hers in the future!


Overall, I'm giving this book a 4.5/5 stars. It's a pretty book, and if you're looking for a quick, heartwarming read, this will be great for you!
 photo signature2_zpsigqsyofg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment