Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Legend by Marie Lu Book Review



I hate that I'm late for the hype of Legend. I've always known that this book is great, because of the reviews and people's talk, but I'm glad that I finally do read it and I must say I LOVE it! I love how the books that I'm reading at the beginning of the year are books that I end up loving, and I hope this series would be my favorite series yet.

This book is fast-paced. It has a great story line and amazing plot, and I love how this book makes me go "woah, that's smart!". I also love the two POVs that's going on in this book. It kind of gives me more insight of what's actually going on, and makes it easier to follow. This is the first dystopian book I've read in a while, I think, and I was just about to put a little rest on reading dystopian books, because I want to read more contemporary. But this book makes me not want to stop reading dystopian books and makes me want to read more, because I used to love to read dystopian books so much!

As for the characters, I love them. Maybe the reason why is because they are both smart, and I'm a sucker for smart characters. Like I said, this book is fast-paced, but somehow getting to know the character isn't that hard. I also love how the relationship between the two characters goes, and how easily they got connected.

The ending though, it was a little bit heartbreaking for me. I was crying my eyes out somehow, maybe because I was just being too emotional, but it's so sad for me! Maybe others have it different, but the last part of the book hits me really hard!

I'm giving this book a straight out 5/5 stars! I can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy, and I hope I will love it as much as this one.
 photo signature2_zpsigqsyofg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment